[Histonet] F4/80 help

Kim Merriam kmerriam2003 <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Jan 31 11:23:22 CST 2007

Those yellow/brown granules are probably hemosiderin, a type of iron pigment that is abundant in mouse spleens.  I don't think you can do anything to get rid of them, but maybe someone else on this list knows.

Kim Merriam, MA, HT(ASCP)
Cambridge, MA

----- Original Message ----
From: Émilie Bélanger Trudelle <emilie.belanger.trudelle <@t> UMontreal.CA>
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 11:25:51 AM
Subject: [Histonet] F4/80 help

Hi,

I'm using F4/80 (Serotec) for IHC on frozen mouse spleen. I'm using biotinylated
anti-rat IgG from Vector and Vectastain ABC kit and DAB also from Vector . I
have try a lot of different protocols and incubation time with F4/80 and i
always obtain yellow granules around my positive cells and on my isotypic
negative control as well. Does any one know what these granules are and how to
block their coloration????

Thanks

Emilie Bélanger
Université de Montréal