[Histonet] Processing debate

Stephen Peters M.D. petepath <@t> yahoo.com
Tue Jan 30 10:12:01 CST 2007

We put the cassettes in order in the baskets right away. I think the most important thing
  is that the formalin be clean and of significant volume so that it is not diluted by tissues
  in the cassettes, especially if many contain large sections of fresh tissues. An occasional shake of the basket will probably do the same as the random toss in the bucket. The same
  goes for fixing large bloody specimens. A change of  fresh formalin after the specimen has been in fixative for a few hours will improve fixation.

Stephen Peters M.D.
Vice Chairman of Pathology
Hackensack University Medical Center
201 996 4836