[Histonet] ASCP Exam

Kaye Ryan ryakay <@t> shands.ufl.edu
Mon Jan 29 16:08:03 CST 2007

Hi,

Yes, the practical portion of the exam has been done away with.  I had a
student that just took the exam.  There are many more troubleshooting
questions now on all aspects of histology.  My recommendations based on
what the student told me is that you need to really focus on
troubleshooting of special stains as well as fixation and cutting.  As
far as I can tell, the study guide has not been updated and I don't know
if it will be.

Good luck,
Kaye Ryan

Kaye Ryan
Histology Manager/Educational Coordinator
Shands Rocky Point Laboratories
(352) 265-0111, 72093
>>> Stasha McCollum <babistace52 <@t> yahoo.com> 01/29/07 4:30 PM >>>
Can anyone tell me if the practical portion of the certification exam
has been remove?  Ther were rumors floating about that change last year
at this time.  Also if anyone has taken it recently what is the
percentage of IHC on the exam

  Thanks