[Histonet] Stains for Lipids

Tamara Melville tam_melville <@t> yahoo.com
Tue Jan 23 20:30:10 CST 2007

Hello,
  I would like to stain sections of rat aorta and heart for lipids. I am aware that frozen sections are required however in some paraffin sections stained with H&E I saw some structures resembling fat droplets and would like confirmation by using a stain for lipids. I would like to know if there are any methods to stain lipids in paraffin sections.
  I would also like to know if tissues fixed and preserved in formal saline can be stained with any of the special lipid stains or are these stains specifically for frozen tissues.
  Thanks in advance for any assistance.