[Histonet] project on microwave

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Jan 18 14:07:41 CST 2007

Hi Rosalde Holgado:
  Word of caution with your MSc project: I do not think it will be accepted because it is already common knowledge that domestic microwaves should NOT be used for any task other than the ones they have been designed for, meaning: heating food in the home setting.

  If you want to pursue this type of project you should try to obtain a laboratory designed MWO and focus your thesis as an "evaluation" project, where you will process tissues with the MWO and compare the results with those obtained with parallel samples using a conventional tissue processor.
  This is always interesting and you may even try to get the MWO from a manufacturer interested in such validations, since they are (except for some Milestone and Sakura instruments) inexistent at this moment.
  Hope this will help you!
  René J.

rosadel holgado <mrrholgado <@t> yahoo.com> wrote:
  Hi!

I am a newbie here and I wonder if it's appropriate to be asking questions here about my project. I am planning to do a project for my MSc soon and I was thinking of doing something about microwave fixation and microwave assisted processing. Does anyone know of a protocol I can cite for using a domestic microwave for the fixation?

Thanks!

Rosadel Salita
Histology
Surrey, England