[Histonet] Microwave procedure for monitoring temperature reproducibility

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Jan 17 11:28:50 CST 2007

Melissa:
  You should calibrate your MW oven, meaning, find out the real wattage, and prepare heating curves for different volumes of liquid.
  Once you have that, prepare a log that will reflect the temperature reached by a given volume of liquid (preferable distilled water) after a selected heating period. The temperature should be the same everytime you perform this task. This will document the reproducibility of your MW oven.
  If you want I can send you the calibration procedure (although this subject can be found also in Histonet archieves; it has been a frequent topis of discussion).
  René J.

Zummak Melissa <Melissa.Zummak <@t> ssfhs.org> wrote:
  Hi everyone,

Does anyone know where I can find recommendations for
checking\monitoring temperature reproducibility for microwaves, I only
use the microwave for certain special stains currently.

Melissa Zummak
Alverno Clinincal Lab