[Histonet] job reqs

Cheryl Kerry tkngflght <@t> yahoo.com
Mon Jan 15 16:05:35 CST 2007

A note on the FL temp license--

Please correct me if I'm wrong but this is how it was explained to me the
last time I called in to the Florida Dept of Health--You only qualify for a
temporary license if you're trying to go through the experience/education
pathways.  If you have your ASCP, you are almost guaranteed a license but
they no longer give a temporary for those with ASCP registry.

Advice to those who go for their Florida certs:

Don't send the application until it is complete and as close to perfect on
your first try.  There are two lovely ladies who staff this office.  If
something is missing they send a letter and you go back to the bottom of the
stack.  Make their lives easier by getting everything in at once and you can
save yourself a lot of waiting.

Cheryl Kerry
Full Staff Inc.
800.756.3309

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
godsgalnow <@t> aol.com
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2007 2:11 PM
To: bayoubelle311 <@t> gmail.com; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] job reqs

Yes--you must have a license.  Now, they will give a temporary license while
you wait for your permanent.  But, from my experience, it is not very
difficult to get your license, if you meet all the qualifications and get
everything to them in a timely manner.

Roxanne Soto HT(ASCP)QIHC
Lab Manager
Physicians RightPath