[Histonet] Sakura Tape coverslipper Help

Jason and Heather themagoos <@t> rushmore.com
Sat Jan 13 15:22:37 CST 2007

We have had this problem many times. It seems that the culprit is H2O in the
Xylene in the staining row or the Xylene that is used before coverslipping.
Our solution is more frequent xylene changes. Hope this helps you.

Jason McGough, HT(ASCP)
Account Representative-Anatomic Pathology
Clinical Laboratory of the Black Hills
2805 5th St. Suite 210
Rapid City, SD 57701
605-343-2267
jmcgough <@t> clinlab.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Hendricksen" <lscott <@t> sfcn.org>
To: <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2007 8:31 PM
Subject: [Histonet] Sakura Tape coverslipper Help

I am having a problem with the tape leaving brownish dry spots on harder
tissues and even some smaller skin tags. We are using plenty of xylene on
each slide. Has anyone seen this Problem using the tape?  I am wondering if
our xylene is the problem.  The xylene we are using is good quality, but it
is called XYLENES with an "S" on the end.  The coverslipper is brand new and
functions great.  I just can't figure out the dry spots in the tissue. Plase
Help !

Scott Hendricksen HT(ASCP)