[Histonet] Block/slide sign out in Histology

Victoria Baker bakevictoria <@t> gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 09:57:45 CST 2007

Good morning all!

It's been a while since I've done clinical Histology so, please bear
with me if I ask questions that I really SHOULD know!  In the last
clinical lab I worked in we had a sign out book that was used by
everyone in the lab if they removed a block, a slide or a specimen
from the "physical" histology space.  It was to be compliant with a
certain CAP regulation.

Currently I am a supervisor in a Histology lab that didn't keep a sign
out book and with my taking the position I implemented one.  It is
meeting with strong resistance.  I did check the New CAP checklist and
it only refers to signing out of Histological materials from the lab
for legal purposes.

Can any of you share with me what your policy is for this in your lab?

Thanks in advance.

Vikki Baker

PS - A thank you to all the people who responded to me about my stray
cats I very much appreciated the assistance and support.