[Histonet] Cat Hematoxylin

Akemi Allison-Tacha akemiat3377 <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Jan 4 17:04:16 CST 2007

Hi Jennifer,

  Below is info I addressed to the histonet as well as Chuck Churukian.

    Dear Chuck,
  There was some talk about CAT hematoxylin in the histonet, so I clarified the info.  It was said that you and David developed it.  The date was incorrect in my answer.  I actually did the R&D in 2000 & released it in 2001.

  With Love,
  Akemi

Note: forwarded message attached.

    Forwarded Message [ Download File | Save to Yahoo! Briefcase ]

          Date:  Wed, 3 Jan 2007 09:11:35 -0800 (PST)    From:  "Akemi Allison-Tacha" <akemiat3377 <@t> yahoo.com>    Subject:  CAT Hematoxylin    To:  Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
    HTML Attachment [ Scan and Save to Computer | Save to Yahoo! Briefcase ]

    Hello & Happy New Year!

  Regarding a histonet e-mail question about who developed CAT Hematoxylin.  Here is the clarification.  There were actually three histologists involved with the development.  While I was working at Biocare, Chuck Churukian gave me the modification for Mayer's Hematoxylin, which i in turn made several modifications too. I also came up with the proprietary ingredient for stabalization & David Tacha from Biocare suggested the pH portion.  Thus the CAT (Churukian-Allison-Tacha)  I started my research in 2001 & officially released it in 2002 at the NSH meeting.   David & I developed it to be used  for IHC, H&E's & SS.  I was the person who actually made-up the hematoxylin from A-Z. & learned alot about bulk manufacturing & pH.

  Happy New Year,

  Akemi Allison-Tacha, BS, HT(ASCP)HTL
  President
  Phoenix Lab Consulting & Staffing