[Histonet] Formalin waste

Rittman, Barry R Barry.R.Rittman <@t> uth.tmc.edu
Fri Feb 23 11:45:08 CST 2007

In our institute the Hazardous waste people deal with this.
Barry

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Margiotta, Michele
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2007 11:40 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Formalin waste

Hi All,

Just wondering how most labs deal with disposing of their tissue
specimens that have been fixed in formalin.  We have to pour off
the formalin to separate the tissue so that it can be disposed of in red
bag garbage.  This is such a time consuming and dirty job.
Adequate ventilation is also a problem.  Does anyone out there have a
different method?

Thanks,
Michele

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are
addressed.
This communication  may contain material protected by the
attorney-client
privilege. If you are not the intended recipient or the person
responsible for
delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you
have received
this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding,
printing,
or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this e-mail in
error, please immediately notify the sender via return e-mail or call
Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center at (631) 654-7282.