[Histonet] Histo tech assistant vs Technician vs technologist, HELP!!!!!!!1

patsy ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Tue Feb 20 09:52:58 CST 2007

Jesus,
I agree a person with that kind of practical experience is valuable.  At the
University we hired people with experience without certification at a lower
rate and stipulated that they get HT certification within 1 yr then they
were giving a raise and paid the same as a certified tech.  with the new
ASCP requirements for college AS degrees before you can take the HT exam I
don't know what is going to happen to those with 20 yrs experience and no
certification, I am sure someone will pay them what they are worth because
of the shortage of experienced HT's but they still won't be able to gross
without the degree.  Since CAP does not require that HT's be certified we
can have anyone do histology work.  Here in Colorado I would bet that a
person with 20 yrs experience in histology work would get a job and be paid
as well as a certified HT even if they did not have the certification, I
could be wrong about that but I don't think so.
Patsy

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
IHCtech
12635 Montview Blvd. #216