AW: [Histonet] Freezing human skin biopsies for cytokine ICC

Gudrun Lang gu.lang <@t> gmx.at
Sat Feb 17 03:58:01 CST 2007

First I have to admit that I have no idea how sensible these cytokines are.
We do immunofluorescence on skin biopsies (immunoglobulins, fibrinogen). The
skin biopsies are sent to us in an humid chamber (a tube with NaCl-humid
gaze, not swimming) within 30 min after excision.
We orientate and freeze them like other tissue, where frozen cuts are
required: put them on the chuck, surround with OCT and let freeze at -20
degree in the cryocut. Afterwards we put two layers parafilm around the
frozen chuck and store them in the refrigerator -20°C until we do the IF
(within a few days).
You can collect the OCT-blocks and transport them in a cryobox with dry ice.
If the storage time is prolonged the temperature should proprably be at
-80°.
Perhaps it's an idea to let them freeze in embedding molds. It is easy to
get the OCT-blocks out again. And then make little parafilm-parcels.

Hope this helps

Gudrun Lang

Biomed. Analytikerin
Histolabor