[Histonet] gelatinized slides

Atoska Gentry gentras <@t> vetmed.auburn.edu
Thu Feb 15 17:01:45 CST 2007

hello, one of our collaborating researchers has me searching for
gelatinized slides to be used for Golgi staining for cryosectioning  100
micron mouse
spines.  It appears that she came up with this idea after reading about
a similar protocol on brain. I have searched the histonet archives and
the only thing that I can come up with is info on gelatin subbed slides.
Thus far I've only found one company that has commercial gelatinized
slides. Please pardon my ignorance but is there a significant difference
between the two whereas one is preferable for certain protocols for
which the other is not? And if any of you are currently using commercial
gelatinized slides will you provide me with contact info on your source?
Thanks, Atoska

--
Atoska S. Gentry, B.S., HT(ASCP)
Research Assistant IV