[Histonet] Freezing human skin biopsies for cytokine ICC

Jamie E Erickson jamie.erickson <@t> abbott.com
Thu Feb 15 16:40:24 CST 2007

Hello histonetters,
                                       I hope someone can help me with a
question about how to freeze a human skin biopsy. I am in research but am
in collaboration with a clinical lab that will be collecting human  skin
biopsies for me to do cytokine ICC  of TNF,IFN-g, among others and
possibly cell makers.
       My question is how do I instruct them in freezing the skin so that
I get the best sample for this staining. I am going to embed the sample
once it is in my lab for cryosectioning.  Also if people know of
manufactures of antibodies that sell  TNF,IFN-g that work in human tissue
that would also be helpful, I have found a few but many different
protocols and fixations.

Any thoughts how be helpful.

Jamie

Jamie Erickson