[Histonet] Aquaporin 2

Walters, Katherine S katherine-walters <@t> uiowa.edu
Thu Feb 15 09:58:22 CST 2007

Hi Adam,

I have done quite a bit of Aquaporin labeling (1,2,3,&4).  I tried Alpha
Diagnostic (AQP23-A), Chemicon (AB3274-50ul) and Santa Cruz (sc-9880).
I had no luck with Alpha Diagnostics or Santa Cruz, but very good
labeling with the Chemicon antibody.  I use it at 1:500 with heat
retrieval on paraffin sections.
I hope this will save what's left of your hair, I lost a little myself
with this one!!

Kathy

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Adam
Kirk
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2007 9:00 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Aquaporin 2

Hi there Histonetters,

I am working human tissue and trying to use the Abcam aquaporin 2 ab
(15081). To date I have had absolutely no staining in
glycolmethacrylate-embedded tissue. Does anyone have any experience with
this specific ab, or are you using the millipore/chemicon one? and if
you
have success, what preperation have you used for the tissue? I'm
starting to
lose my hair!!!

Thanks

Adam Kirk