[Histonet] formalin fixed mouse ears-help

patsy ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Thu Feb 8 17:10:03 CST 2007

Cartilage does separate from the rest of the tissue very easily, you may
need to process in GMA, even in GMA it can be a problem.  I had to make
elmers glue coated slides (dip in a 5% solution in dih20, then airdry slides
overnight before using them to pick up sentions) dry the sections flat at
37dc overnight.
Patsy

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Mary
Beauchamp
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2007 3:57 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] formalin fixed mouse ears-help

Hi there,

I'm having problems with 10% neutral buffered formalin fixed mouse ears
embedded in paraffin. They are splitting from the cartilage as soon, and
I mean, as soon as they hit the water bath.

I'm open to any suggestions, no matter how silly or simple. This is a
chronic problem and these mouse ears will continue to be submitted to me
for a long time.

Please help!

-Mary B

  _____