[Histonet] tissue processor

Tebo, Andrea atebo <@t> aahs.org
Thu Feb 8 13:18:44 CST 2007

I agree!

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Rene J Buesa
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2007 11:54 AM
To: wim.vandenbroeck <@t> UGent.be; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] tissue processor

Dear Prof. van den Broek:
  During my career I have used many tissue processors and the one I would recommed you is the Sakura VIP (any model/capacity). It has been for me the most reliable and because of high quality processing. It is what we call here "a work horse".
  René J.

"Prof. dr. Wim Van den Broeck" <wim.vandenbroeck <@t> UGent.be> wrote:
  Dear colleagues, dear friends,

We are lucky to have a budget to buy a new tissue processor. At the moment, we are interested in the following instruments (in alphabetical order):

* Sakura Tissue-Tek VIP 5 Vacuum Infiltration processor

* Shandon Excelsior

* Leica ASP 300 advanced smart tissue processor

* Microm STP 420 enclosed tissue processor

I would like to hear your comments, experience with the different instruments, the pro's en con's, etc.

Thanks in advance for your helpful reactions.

Kind regards,

Wim.

---

Wim Van den Broeck, DVM, MSc, PhD

Professor in Cytology and Histology

Department of Morphology

Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ghent University

Salisburylaan 133, B-9820 Merelbeke,

BELGIUM

tel.: +32 (0)9 264 77 16

fax: +32 (0)9 264 77 90