[SPAM-Bayesian] - [Histonet] Re: Art vs Science - Bayesian Filterdetected spam

Poteete, Jacquie A. japoteete <@t> saintfrancis.com
Mon Feb 5 15:42:41 CST 2007

Who says there is no art in science?

Jacquie Poteete MT(ASCP)QIHC
Lead Technologist, IHC Laboratory
Saint Francis Hospital
Tulsa, OK

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
McCormick, James
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2007 3:16 PM
To: RSRICHMOND <@t> aol.com; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [SPAM-Bayesian] - [Histonet] Re: Art vs Science - Bayesian
Filterdetected spam

ALL histonet friends,

Who are interested in an "artform" known as "Histotechnology".

Rather than beg the point of Hippocrates or the comments of Lettered
Professors.........I would go on record as saying I am the oldest among
you who aspires to observe and admire the beauty that is hidden in the
most minute of natures gifts. The beauty of humming bird feathers. The
opalescence of a butterfly egg. A germ cell in mitosis. Polarized light
refracted from a thin ground specimen. ALL of nature, as revealed throug
the naked eye, or microscopic view, holds beauty and "art" in it's hand.
And, when the "hand" prepares this gift for viewing it is indeed an
artisans hand.  Behold the Gomori trichrome with added aldehyde fuchsin
to separate elastic fibers or beta cells of the pancreas. Tell me
now.... is this not an artform given by the gifted hands of an
artist?????? Beauty, indeed, is within the eyes of the beholder and I am
pleased to have the gift of eyes.

May I refer you to a web site that will "blow you away"

My friend Klaus Kemp prepares slides that are each an art offering with
a palate of natures gifts.  The likes of these have not been seen since
the late 19 century when time permitted a "micro-artform" to be the
ultimate discovery and appreciation/expression of natures secrets.

Do Take a Look and "hold your breath" It's amazing.

www.diatoms.co.uk

I will be interested in your response,

J.B.McCormick, M.D.
Histotechnologist, first.