[Histonet] Art vs Science

Bill bill501 <@t> mindspring.com
Mon Feb 5 10:42:15 CST 2007

At 10:12 AM -0500 2/5/07, Pat Flannery wrote:
>Personally, I can think of no greater compliment to a scientist than
>that his or her work is beautiful.

Whenever I have made that comment, I have meant it as a compliment. I
would certainly rather be considered an artist than a scientist,
better both.

But, 'art' implies creativity, and while I encourage creativity in my
technicians and in myself, the #$%@ bureaucraps and regulators do
everything in their power to stamp it out. They are the priests of
mediocrity.

Of course all of this is meaningless unless we understand 'art' and
'science' in the same way as individuals.