[Histonet] Art vs Science

Breeden, Sara sbreeden <@t> nmda.nmsu.edu
Mon Feb 5 07:21:09 CST 2007

I work for three vet pathologists in a State lab.  My work has been
described by one tech, as rotating med tech students rotate through our
facility, as an "artist".  I find myself being very annoyed at this
description of what I do.  Although there is beauty in the end product
as far as colors go, what I do is a science.  I've never worked as hard
at anything as I did when I studied for my written/practical exam back
in 1969.  I sweat bullets!  I earned that "HT ASCP" that I'm proud to
add to my signature and calling me an "artist" is not complimentary as
far as I'm concerned.  And there's my two cents and Happy Monday to all!

I'm just happy that Joe is back...

Sally Breeden, HT(ASCP)

NM Dept. of Agriculture

Veterinary Diagnostic Services