[Histonet] ER control tissue

Bryan Hewlett bhewlett <@t> cogeco.ca
Sun Feb 4 13:37:02 CST 2007

René,

Dako DOES specify fixation time, i.e. 16-24 hours in NBF prior to processing!
I suspect that not many clinical labs follow this !
If they did, then the target would be much more reproducibly demonstrated!

Bryan

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Rene J Buesa
  To: Joe Nocito ; Bryan Hewlett ; Richard Cartun ; bamoe <@t> gundluth.org ; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
  Sent: Sunday, February 04, 2007 1:38 PM
  Subject: Re: [Histonet] ER control tissue

  I agree that there is no better control tissue for an inhouse IHC test than a positive control processed just like the tissue to be tested BUT if this approach is to be always used, where this "connects" with tests like the Her2Neu provided by Dako with a FAD approved protocol that uses as controls their cultured cells in pellets processed in a different way?
  Either the FDA will have to extend approval to our processing protocols and to used our own positive cases, or Dako has to expla in their processing protocol to be followed by all labs (fat change of either!).
  Just a thoght!
  René J.

  Joe Nocito <jnocito <@t> satx.rr.com> wrote:
    wouldn't using someone else's tissue kind of invalidate those trying to
    establish ASRs? Just wondering.

    Joe