[Histonet] Goat negative control

Jan Shivers shive003 <@t> umn.edu
Thu Feb 1 14:30:53 CST 2007

James,

I use normal goat serum as my negative control serum (when using detection
kits that have the link Ab made in goat).  Just be sure it's diluted out to
the same "IgG concentration" as your primary antiserum working solution.

Jan Shivers
UMN Vet Diag Lab
St. Paul, MN

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Watson" <jwatson <@t> gnf.org>
To: <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Thursday, February 01, 2007 2:10 PM
Subject: [Histonet] Goat negative control

I recently tried to order Goat supersensitive negative control from
Biogenex and they have discontinued it.  I have started using normal
goat serum as my negative control, is this acceptable?  If not do you
have a source for it.  Thank you.

James Watson HT, ASCP
Facilities Manager of Histology
GNF, Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation Room C015
858-332-4647 jwatson <@t> gnf.org