[Histonet] RE: Histonet Digest, Vol 39, Issue 1 HT PRACTICAL

Larry Woody slappycraw <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Feb 1 10:40:11 CST 2007

I don't care what kind of exams there are, there will still be people getting in the field who are great at the job and ones who aren't. What we really need are incentives for more talent to enter the field from the start and in today's world that is $$$. There are more people leaving via retirement, vacating, other professions, than there are people coming in and you don't need an exam to figure out why. I have worked with a lot of great techs over the years who have left because of better opportunities and more $$$.

"Hopkins, Karen" <KMH.02 <@t> ex.uchs.org> wrote:  What does it really prove when a potential histotech can take days and
numerous runs to produce one perfect slide for the practical. It does
not replicate the real world. I think the amount of job related
histology experience will be your indicator and even that is not a given
but it is more in line with reality.