[Histonet] IHC stainers

YourBiomed.Com yourbiomed <@t> cox.net
Fri Dec 28 23:24:20 CST 2007

I'm a Biomedical Engineer and have lots of experience with all automated
instruments, I know the Dako Systems, I too was a Ventana employee for over
3 1/2 years with them 7+ years experience with all their platforms, I also
familiar with Lab Vision, Biocare Nemesis and plenty of others. I am
certified and very capable of repairing and performing preventive
maintenance on all and many other instruments. Please give me more info on
your lab size, experience and what you are staining human, vet, and/or
special stains? I think there are a lot of people that can help you out.
I'll do what I can.

Brad
Yourbiomed.com

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Larry Woody
Sent: Friday, December 28, 2007 4:34 PM
To: Sharon.Davis-Devine; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] IHC stainers

Sharon:
               I have used both the Ventana and the Lab Vision, (the one
Dako distributes because the only one Dako makes is called Eridan and it
doesn't work) ,and several others not worth mentioning, but if I had my
choice I would probably have  several of each. If there are people with
limited experience and knowledge in the area of IHC, then the Ventana is
along those lines however if you are wanting to work up a novel antibody
from scratch then you need an open platform where you can run an experiment
and the Lab Vision gives you that freedom.

"Sharon.Davis-Devine" <Sharon.Davis-Devine <@t> carle.com> wrote:
  I have recently been given the assignment of implementing a new and
updated IHC system in our Histology department. We currently use a Dako
Autostainer which we have used for several years and needs to be
updated. I have limited in expertise in this are so am asking for all
you Histonetters who have experience with this to give me some advice on
which stainer to purchase. Let me know all of your thoughts both good
and bad please. Thank you so much for your help.

Sharon Davis-Devine, CT (ASCP)

Cytology Supervisor

Carle Clinic

602 West University