[Histonet] Schiff's reagent

Kemlo Rogerson Kemlo.Rogerson <@t> waht.swest.nhs.uk
Tue Dec 4 06:04:11 CST 2007

Used to make this myself by bubbling SO2 through basic fuchsin, really
good fun, but we can't do it now.

The stock solution should be kept in the fridge and is OK when clear (if
it starts to go pink discard). We used to satin up to 5 slides in a
coplin jar which was stored in the fridge in between times. But then we
just dripped a bit onto the section as it was felt it was better to
waste small aliquots of the stain rather than risking the coplin jar
contents becoming 'weak'. Schiff's was cheapish then as we made it
ourselves but I guess it now costs a lot more made up?

Kemlo Rogerson
Pathology Manager
DD   01934 647057 or extension 3311
Mob 07749 754194; Pager 07659 597107;
The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places.
--Author Unknown

This e-mail is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient please accept my apologies; please do not disclose, copy or
distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on
its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please inform me that this message has gone astray before deleting it.
Thank you for your co-operation