[Histonet] Paraffin embedding tools

Mickie Johnson mickie25 <@t> netzero.net
Tue Aug 28 20:00:19 CDT 2007

Hi All,

I have used the aluminum tampers. They are cut pieces of aluminum angle bar
and such. One thing that works well is the wooden handle of a teasing
needle. Pull out the needle (obvious I know) and use the other end. Keep it
warm by sticking in the forceps warmer hole. It is much easier to use than
the metal tampers. It just fits the old Tissue Tek embedding system.

Good Luck!


Mickie Johnson, B.S., HTL(ASCP)
Mohs Histology Consulting Services, LLC
  & Mohs Lab Staffing
2507 S. Manito Blvd.
Spokane, WA 99203
Web: www.mohshistotemp.com & www.mohslabstaffing.com 
Email: mickie25 <@t> netzero.net

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Bartlett,
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2007 2:33 PM
To: Emily Lockman; histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Paraffin embedding tools

I think they are called tampers.  I use forceps but I think that's right.


From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu on behalf of Emily Lockman
Sent: Tue 8/28/2007 5:13 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Paraffin embedding tools

I am trying to rack my brain to come up with the name of the little
stamper metal things that are used to help make tissue lay flat in the
molds during embedding. If anyone knows the official name of these and
where I can buy them, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Emily M. Lockman, HT (ASCP)

Histotechnologist I, Pathology Services

American Preclinical Services, LLC (APS)

8945 Evergreen Boulevard

Minneapolis, MN 55433

Phone: 763-717-7990

      ext. 2025 (necropsy)

      ext. 2006 (desk)

Fax: 763-717-2042

elockman <@t> apsemail.com

Histonet mailing list
Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu

Histonet mailing list
Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu

More information about the Histonet mailing list