[Histonet] Paraffin embedding tools

Wiese, Jason VHAROS Jason.Wiese <@t> va.gov
Tue Aug 28 16:28:15 CDT 2007

It's called a Tamper.

Tissue Tek Part number 1551 (Tamper, Large (3 per case))
Tissue Tek Part number 1552 (tamper, Small (3 per case))

There is probably a cheaper place to find them, but I don't know where.


-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Emily
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2007 2:13 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Paraffin embedding tools

I am trying to rack my brain to come up with the name of the little
stamper metal things that are used to help make tissue lay flat in the
molds during embedding. If anyone knows the official name of these and
where I can buy them, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!


Emily M. Lockman, HT (ASCP)

Histotechnologist I, Pathology Services

American Preclinical Services, LLC (APS)

8945 Evergreen Boulevard

Minneapolis, MN 55433

Phone: 763-717-7990

      ext. 2025 (necropsy)

      ext. 2006 (desk)

Fax: 763-717-2042

elockman <@t> apsemail.com



Histonet mailing list
Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu

More information about the Histonet mailing list