[Histonet] RE: ISH

Langxing Pan langxingpan <@t> pantomics.com
Tue Aug 28 15:32:03 CDT 2007

Hi Naira,

Many years ago, I happened to leave a few unfixed frozen sections at room
temperature over a weekend. I then fixed and hybridized these sections
together with some freshly cut/fixed frozen sections with a riboprobe to Ig
kappa light chain mRNA. I did not see much difference in signals among the
sections, but noted that the morphology of the dried sections was much
better than that of the fresh ones. Since then we dry routinely our frozen
sections and cell cytospins for at least one hour before fixation for IHC
and ISH.

Langxing

Langxing Pan, M.D., Ph.D.
Pantomics, Inc.