[Histonet] Dendritic Cells/Mast Cells/NK Cells on FFPE mouse

Tarango, Mark mtarango <@t> nvcancer.org
Tue Aug 28 02:20:39 CDT 2007

I forgot to mention CD68 dendritic cells.  CD68 (KP-1 or ham-56) will
stain macrophages and monocytes too.  You kind of have to know what
you're looking at.  Dendritic cells can be from more than just one
lineage, and CD68 might only pick up the myeloid-related ones.  There is
an antibody against follicular dendritic cells from cell marque too.  I
can't really think of just one marker for dendritic cells.  You'd be
better off using more than 1 marker and calling a dendritic cell a
dendritic cell based of a panel of antibodies.  Maybe immunofloresence
would be best here.

I personally like CD68 (ham56 clone) because you can kind of see the
long projections that dendritic cells have with ham-56.  KP-1 looks like
spray paint and ham-56 looks like oil painting or something.  It's kind
of funny since they're both CD68.

Mark Adam Tarango HT(ASCP)

Histology & IHC Supervisor

Nevada Cancer Institute