[Histonet] Pinning specimens

king.laurie <@t> marshfieldclinic.org king.laurie <@t> marshfieldclinic.org
Mon Aug 27 09:46:10 CDT 2007

Karen,

One method, pour paraffin into several sizes of plastic containers (like Tupperware or cheaper versions). Just enough to pin a specimen onto, but leave room for formalin. Let them harden and pin specimens onto paraffin and cover with formalin.
We used to wash and reuse several times. One annoying thing, the paraffin block or sheet would eventually loosen and float. They can be used that way by taking the paraffin out for pinning and placing it back in the container floating upside down.

Laurie