Fw: [Histonet] Animal IHC workshop at Duke university

Jan Shivers shive003 <@t> umn.edu
Mon Aug 20 16:04:25 CDT 2007

I actually attended this workshop when it was given at a Tri-State meeting
last spring, and I agree with James' remarks below.

Since that time I've received dozens of workshop notices from Innovex, both
directly and through the Histonet, advertising subsequent dates and places.
I wrote to Innovex, asking to be taken off their email list (which they
promptly did).  I also wrote to Histonet about it at that time as well,
asking them to look into the appropriateness of advertising Innovex's
workshops here on our site, but I see that the workshop notices are still
being forwarded to all members.

I don't mind being approached individually by companies, but I really don't
think that the Histonet should be used in this manner.

Just my two cents' worth.

Jan Shivers
Section Head
IHC/Histo/EM