[Histonet] IF staining of mast cells and fibroblasts

Bryan Hewlett bhewlett <@t> cogeco.ca
Mon Aug 20 10:29:08 CDT 2007

Kim,

In which species?
For human mast cells in FPPE sections, we used Mast cell tryptase for IHC.

Bryan

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kim Merriam" <kmerriam2003 <@t> yahoo.com>
To: "Histonet" <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2007 11:21 AM
Subject: [Histonet] IF staining of mast cells and fibroblasts

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone knew of specific markers for mast cells and
fibroblasts.  I need markers for IF and IHC (not special stains) that will
stain only mast cells and only fibroblasts.  We have a few markers in mind,
but we are not sure if they are specific only to those types of cells and
will not cross-react with some other cell type.

Thanks in advance,

Kim

Kim Merriam, MA, HT(ASCP)
Cambridge, MA