[Histonet] Xylene Substitute Testing Results

Rebecca Jones rebecca.jones256 <@t> gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 08:57:58 CDT 2007

Hi all!

Earlier this summer I asked many of you your opinion on a good xylene
substitute to use.  I got great suggestions and tips from all of you.  I
decided to test two, Clear Rite and Formula 83.

Both performed well, but the Formula 83 has won the test.  It performed most
like xylene and required little to no changes in my procedures.

I did choose Richard Allan Mounting Media, as it worked great with the
Formula 83 and was suggested by the CBG rep.  The mounting media I was
using was not compatible with the sub.

Formula 83 did dry slides slightly faster as they came off the stain line,
but the slide quality still performed to the boss man's liking.

Thank you all for your input.  Back to work I go.

Rebecca