[Histonet] Re: Histonet Digest, Vol 45, Issue 21

daydawning <@t> wideopenwest.com daydawning <@t> wideopenwest.com
Wed Aug 15 08:34:30 CDT 2007

Caroline,

I think you require a vibrating blade microtome.  It is designed to cut
fresh tissue while submerged in cooled buffer. You attach the fresh brain to
a disk with (believe it or not) crazy glue and the blade slowly slices
through the tissue and it floats off into the buffer.  It is more gentle on
the tissue than freezing and sectioning in a cryostat.  I'm sure you could
find someone in your facillity that has one.  Check out microm's website.
the model is the 650V

Dawn Truscott, HT(ASCP)
Biocare Medical
Personal Email