[Histonet] microtome

Gudrun Lang gu.lang <@t> gmx.at
Tue Aug 14 13:03:18 CDT 2007

Hi Maria,

this type of microtome is not designed for making ribbons.

I don't know any fast way to make a ribbon, but you can try to turn on the
"retraction". This would lower the block, when you drive the knife back.

First you have to catch the first slide, but let it stick on the knife edge.
Then you make the next movement back and forward. The following slide will
stick to the first.

I think it is no practical way. If we need serial sections, we just take
each slide coming after the other and mount them in the right order.
Depending on the size we put 4-5 sections on the glass slide. - this would
work faster, than playing around with a ribbon.

Hope this helps

Gudrun Lang