[Histonet] Kaiser's solution

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Mon Aug 13 17:15:51 CDT 2007

David:
I imagine you are referring to glycerol jelly.
  There are two formulas:one from Kaiser (1880):
  dist. water (40 mL) + gelatin (7 g) + glycerol (50 mL) + phenol (1 g),
  and another by Kisser (1935):
  dist. water (60 mL) + glyverol (50 mL) + gelatin (16 g) + phenol (1 g)
  René J.

"Kinsley, David" <david.kinsley <@t> spcorp.com> wrote:
  Hi,

Does anyone know where I may be able to purchase Kaiser's solution for
cover slipping, or does anyone have a protocol for preparing it?

thanks

Dave