[Histonet] FISHing trip

Lester Raff LRaff <@t> lab.uropartners.com
Mon Aug 13 12:33:49 CDT 2007

I haven't gotten any help from the pathologist listserve, and the
UroVysion FISH listserve doesn't have many users, so I am asking the
histotechs for help!  Maybe you have friends doing FISH....

We are doing FISH studies on urine (UroVysion) and frequently run into
cell clumps/clusters.  Since the architecture is not what we are
assessing via FISH, it would be useful to disrupt these clumps and
obtain single cells for analysis.  Does anyone have a protocol for doing
this on urine specimens?

Thanks in advance.

Lester J. Raff, MD
Medical Director