[Histonet] Pre-filled containers of B-5 fixative

MICHELLE MCNEESE MICHELLE.MCNEESE <@t> childrens.com
Mon Aug 13 10:35:40 CDT 2007

We are in the process of eliminating B-5 fixative from our facility; however, it is not a quick change or easy change for us and our supplier of the small pre-filled containers (Poly Scientific) will no longer fill orders after October.  While we have eliminated the bulk of our use, we do still have a few specific biopsies for which we are trying to find a suitable alternative.  With that said, I have two questions:

1. Is there a place where I can still get small (20 ml) pre-filled containers of B-5?
2.  What are some of the alternatives that people use for kidney, liver, bone marrow, and the occassional lymph node?  We have managed to move our heart and GI biopsies, but still need the others.

Thanks

Michelle L McNeese, HT (ASCP)
Lead Tech, Histology
Department of Pathology