[Histonet] Automated microtome

Christine Tambasco immrstambo <@t> hotmail.com
Fri Aug 10 12:14:36 CDT 2007

   I  use the Leica 2255 and we also have a tech that uses the 2155. Most
   all  tissues  cut excellently. Bone and some other hard tissues have a
   tendency to chatter as with any microtome.Is everything tight and does
   she  soak  her tissues long enough? Sometimes tissues that dont sit on
   icewater  for  10-20 minutes chatter because the tissue is dry. That's
   my input.

   Sincerely and Good Luck,

   Christine Tambasco, HT (ASCP)

   St. Marys Hospital at Amsterdam, New York

     From:  "Webb, Dorothy L" <Dorothy.L.Webb <@t> HealthPartners.Com>
     To:  histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
     Subject:  [Histonet] Automated microtome
     Date:  Wed, 08 Aug 2007 12:43:41 -0500
     >I am working as a supervisor at a facility that had a Leica 2155
     >automated  microtome.  Only  having  had  experience  with  manual
     microtomes,
     >I  need  to  ask a question concerning the reliability that others
     find
     >with   these   microtomes.  Does   everyone  else  who  uses  this
     particular one
     >find  it  to cut all types of tissue with consistency? I only have
     one
     >tech  who uses this piece of equipment due to ergonomic issues and
     >cannot  seem to ascertain if the problems that are encountered are
     tech
     >related  or the microtome itself.  I would appreciate any feedback
     you
     >could  give  me  on  your  experiences  with the Leica 2155, other
     automated
     >microtomes on the market in comparison, etc.  As always, thank you
     for
     >your help!!!
     >
     >Dorothy Webb, HT (ASCP)
     >Histology Technical Supervisor
     >Regions Hospital, Pathology Department
     >640 Jackson Street, Saint Paul, MN 55101-2595
     >Phone: 651-254-2962
     >Fax: 651-254-2741
     >Regions Hospital is part of the HealthPartners family of care
     >This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
     are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
     they  are  addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient or the
     individual  responsible  for  delivering the e-mail to the intended
     recipient,  please be advised that you have received this e-mail in
     error  and  that  any  use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or
     copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

     >If  you  have  received  this  e-mail in error, please immediately
     notify  the  HealthPartners  Support  Center  by telephone at (952)
     967-6600.  You  will be reimbursed for reasonable costs incurred in
     notifying us.