[Histonet] Masson's Troubleshooting

Ford, Judi judi.ford <@t> roche.com
Thu Aug 9 10:09:46 CDT 2007

Good morning to all from not so sunny northern CA:

I want to thank you for all the input you gave me about my problem with
the trichrome, especially to John, Gayle, Gundrun and Sarah.  I
re-examined the slides and compared the control with a Gomori's One-Step
control slide, which had be stained a couple days prior. Both stains
used the same control tissue. When I first looked at the Gomori's slide
the collagen appeared to be stained well with the green. The same area
in the Masson's didn't stain at all with the aniline blue. Upon
examining both slides this morning I noticed that even though the green
stain showed there was still some red stain within it. So, we are
ordering new phosphotungstic acid and I'm cutting new slides. My
co-worker is staining Masson's this morning with some other control
slides and I'll try again with the new slides. If we're having the same
results then I'm assuming that its got to be the phosphotungstic acid
and we'll try again when the new stuff arrives.

Anyway, I really appreciate all of your suggestion and input. This board
has always been a valuable resource for me.

Cheers!

Judi Ford

Palo Alto, CA