[Histonet] Dehydrating beads

Joe Nocito jnocito <@t> satx.rr.com
Wed Aug 8 17:57:44 CDT 2007

Dorothy,
I tried these dehydrating beads and really didn't like them (okay, let the
flaming begin, I'm sure I just POed someone. This time, I'm not working
haaaaaaaa) Sorry, I tried them at two different labs and wasn't really
impressed. You have to keep track of how many trays (or slides) go through
before you need to rotate them and let them dry out completely before
reusing them again. I would try the gravity method like Mickey suggested.

JTT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Webb, Dorothy L" <Dorothy.L.Webb <@t> HealthPartners.Com>
To: <histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2007 2:04 PM
Subject: [Histonet] Dehydrating beads

I know this was discussed in the recent past, but, what are the pros and
cons of using these and how much do they save on xylene usage?  Also,
how does one get into the archives of Histonet to view past responses if
those of you who already answered do not want to post an answer agin
(and I do understand not rehashing old subjects!!)

I cannot say enough how VERY much I appreciate the use of this resource
for problem solving in the histology world!!  The networking is
invaluable and I want to thank everyone out there for the quick
microtomes!!!!!! Histotechs are a truly a CUT above the rest!!

Dorothy Webb, HT (ASCP)
Histology Technical Supervisor
Regions Hospital, Pathology Department
640 Jackson Street, Saint Paul, MN 55101-2595
Phone: 651-254-2962
Fax: 651-254-2741
Regions Hospital is part of the HealthPartners family of care
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the individual
responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, please be
advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly
prohibited.

If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the
HealthPartners Support Center by telephone at (952) 967-6600. You will be
reimbursed for reasonable costs incurred in notifying us.