[Histonet] Automated microtome

Jasper, Thomas G. TJasper <@t> smdc.org
Wed Aug 8 15:29:16 CDT 2007

Dorothy,

I'd have no qualms about the Leica 2155, we've got one here and it's a gem.  Also you are in a great area for service, North Central Instruments - Curt Westberg, et al.  I mention the service since the only complaint I've heard (in another part of the country was about Leica service, or the lack thereof).  Unfortunately, this lack of reliable service was the deciding factor against obtaining a Leica 2155 for a path group I know.
Bottom line...the unit is great, combine that with good service and everyone's happy.

Thomas Jasper HT (ASCP) BAS

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of Webb,
Dorothy L
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2007 12:44 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Automated microtome

I am working as a supervisor at a facility that had a Leica 2155
automated microtome.  Only having had experience with manual microtomes,
I need to ask a question concerning the reliability that others find
with these microtomes.  Does everyone else who uses this particular one
find it to cut all types of tissue with consistency? I only have one
tech who uses this piece of equipment due to ergonomic issues and I
cannot seem to ascertain if the problems that are encountered are tech
related or the microtome itself.  I would appreciate any feedback you
could give me on your experiences with the Leica 2155, other automated
microtomes on the market in comparison, etc.  As always, thank you for
your help!!!

Dorothy Webb, HT (ASCP)
Histology Technical Supervisor
Regions Hospital, Pathology Department
640 Jackson Street, Saint Paul, MN 55101-2595
Phone: 651-254-2962
Fax: 651-254-2741
Regions Hospital is part of the HealthPartners family of care
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the individual responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, please be advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the HealthPartners Support Center by telephone at (952) 967-6600. You will be reimbursed for reasonable costs incurred in notifying us.