[Histonet] Cerner orders from the OR...

kmb1904 <@t> aim.com kmb1904 <@t> aim.com
Fri Aug 3 04:20:27 CDT 2007

Can anyone who uses Cerner tell me how they get the tissues ordered from the OR...GI ..etc??? We have always had the OR order them..but they also send a card for the pathos....do we really need to have them order them????? Or should we do it in Histology?? My concern is ...if we let them out of ordering..will it be on the patient record in Cerner??? Will we have to keep the paper requests forever??? What are the ramifications?? Can anyone give me a clue as to where to go with this??? Im in Delaware!
Kathy Bowden
bowdenk <@t> nanticoke.org
302-629-6611 ext 2359