[Histonet] Freaky Friday Followup Flash

Breeden, Sara sbreeden <@t> nmda.nmsu.edu
Mon Aug 6 07:19:11 CDT 2007

Thanks to everyone that responded to my not-so-goofy question about
resurfacing the inside of my round tissue float bath.  I have Gleaned
Much Information and will try the
fine-sandpaper-and-flat-black-spray-paint method.  Also, my husband just
used some fine grit sandpaper to repair the two "dings" in my knife
holder and it works just like new (that was last week's post from me).
I think lots of us should get Frugality Awards for the $$ we save our
employers, yeah?  On the subject of block/slide saving, although this is
a vet path lab, we have come to the agreement that we will save all
slides for 10 years and blocks for 7 years.  My logic for this is the
life expectancy of animals vs humans and although this may be "back
door" logic, it works for us (in my new building, which MAY be done
right before I'm eligible to retire, the architect gave me an entire
11x22' room for slides and block storage with a locking, correctly
ventilated volatile storage room!).  I'm beside myself with
anticipation!!  At any rate, thank you to each of you that responded to
my various questions - I do appreciate it very much!  Well, it's Monday
and the processor had a hiccup, so I'll be 3 hours behind all day.
Sigh...

Sally Breeden, HT(ASCP)

NM Dept. of Agriculture

Veterinary Diagnostic Services