[Histonet] Freaky Friday

Woodward, Denise denise.woodward <@t> uconn.edu
Fri Aug 3 15:38:26 CDT 2007

Many moons ago, when I worked at a small hospital, the biomedical
department was able to re-surface the inside of the flotation bath. When
he brought it back it looked like new.
I have no idea how he did it.  Anyone out there have a biomed pro they
can ask?
2 cents on a hot Friday,
Denise Long Woodward
UCONN

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Breeden,
Sara
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2007 2:41 PM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Freaky Friday

The Friday Hour of Fuming is being replaced by Freaky Question Day.  Is
there a way to "re-blacken" the interior surface of a tissue flotation
bath?  I've thought about high-temp black spray paint (like for BBQs,
engine parts, etc.) and quickly decided it probably would have some
oddball reaction with the whole tissue-floating thing.  Any ideas out
there? And, no, I haven't asked the manufacturer - I'm just having my
own ideas.  And that's often a dangerous place to be!

Sally Breeden, HT(ASCP)

NM Dept. of Agriculture

Veterinary Diagnostic Services

PO Box 4700