[Histonet] Techs Documenting Knowing Procedure Manual

Janice Mahoney jmahoney <@t> alegent.org
Fri Aug 3 10:35:25 CDT 2007

I agree with Joe.  I have been an inspector and been inspected many
times over the years.  I think the process Joe proposes  meets CAP.  The
Pathologist or his/her designee must sign each procedure annually.  The
only other thing I look for is that each new or revised procedure is
signed off by each person using that procedure.
So, new employees just need to sign the manual.  Everyone must sign off
on new or revised procedures.  If people want to do more, that is their
choice, but not required.
Jan Mahoney
Alegent Health
Omaha

>>> "Joe Nocito" <jnocito <@t> satx.rr.com> 08/03/2007 9:13 AM >>>
Let me stir the pot (as only I can). Some people read too much into
questions and therefore create more work than necessary. All that is
required is that the techs review the procedures. Like Rene, I have one

sheet in front of every manual that they sign off on. During my CAP
inspection this year, one inspector insisted that I create a procedure
for
every specimen I gross. I told her (and showed her) tat I had 4
grossing
manuals to go by. She insisted that I make policies. I told her that
wasn't
going to happen. She told me she had to do that. Point of the story: a

signature page in front of the manuals is sufficient, don't create more
work
than you need to.

JTT