[Histonet] breast

dcojita <@t> tampabay.rr.com dcojita <@t> tampabay.rr.com
Wed Aug 1 18:36:07 CDT 2007

We have been thinking about having a grosser "on-call" for these specimens.
I realize this would not be possible for every institution.  I would be
interested in ideas regarding this situation as well. What if a breast came
in on a Friday which happened to be Christmas day, and didn't get grossed
until Monday.  Quite possible... especially in an independent laboratory.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of anita dudley
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2007 5:33 PM
To: histonet <@t> pathology.swmed.edu
Subject: [Histonet] breast

I asked this question a few weeks ago and got 1 answer,  what is everyone
doing about the new cap requirements about fixing breast tissue no more that
48 hrs if a her2 is to be done?  we do not work on the week end and friday
that would be a problem if we had a breast.  thanks for your input.  anita