[Histonet] SILVER NITRATE

Philip Oshel oshel1pe <@t> cmich.edu
Fri Apr 27 07:44:30 CDT 2007

Or, for those of us old enough to remember photomicroscopy by
wet-chemistry methods, AgCl is used in film negatives and prints for
recording images. And, photograph buffs collected their used
developed, put a current through it, and collected the metallic
silver. Not only made some money, but much less hazardous waste (and
nowadays, less hazardous-waste costs).
Keep collecting the filters, ash them to get the Ag precipitate free
of the paper, and reclaim the metal.
I don't have a recipe for doing this handy, but there would be plenty
on the web, I'm sure.
Phil

--
Philip Oshel