[Histonet] c-fos

Jackie M O'Connor Jackie.O'Connor <@t> abbott.com
Thu Apr 26 13:33:45 CDT 2007

Thimerosol is a mercury based preservative.  Bad stuff.

"Turner, Scott" <SCOTT.TURNER <@t> SPCORP.COM>
Sent by: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
04/26/2007 01:09 PM

cc

Subject
RE: [Histonet] c-fos

Are you sure it's "thermosol" and not "thimerosal"?  Thimerosal is a
commonly used preservative and can be found on the Sigma website (CAS
Number: 54-64-8).  Thermosol is a process used in commercial dyeing.

Scott Turner
Schering-Plough Biopharma
(formerly DNAX Research Institute)
Palo Alto, CA